She's crafty

Apparently, mama blogs are super popular currently. Or so my very tech savvy husband tells me. I don't have a whole lot of spare time but today I wasted probably a good solid hour reading this blog http://crappypictures.com/.
http://crappypictures.com/2012/03/cloth-diapers-the-good-and-the-crappy.html
 If you have a sense of humor, no aversion to swearing, and children (or just want hilarious and honest insight into the world of having children) go check it out. She's amazing. I love the drawings she does. The old adage of a picture's worth a thousand words is put to use. I am toying with the idea of adding drawings to this blog for stories. We shall see.

On a different note, this super awesome spring weather has me feeling crafty and ambitious. I am planning to attempt making my own wet bag and wipes pouch. I have 2 Planet Wise wet bags that I love. One is the large size in the Blue Mod pattern (below left) and a medium wet/dry bag in Orange Trees (below right). Both bags are great. The wet/dry bag is great for being on the go, but is just a tad small for a full day at daycare. I absolutely love the Blue Mod, it is the perfect size for daycare because it's made to hold 10-12 diapers and Emma goes through about 8-9 a day at day. The large size means they don't have to cram the diapers in the bag towards the end of the day.
http://www.planetwiseinc.com














A friend of mine who also cloth diapers her daughter posted several pictures of wet bags she's completed and now I am suitably jealous. Must. Have. Another. Bag! I've also recently learned that using cloth wipes on the go is totally possible. So I plan to make a couple of wipe pouches with the scraps from the bags. I want to make a few extras too for some of my other CD'ing friends. I'm also kinda tired of the garbage can diaper pail and am thinking about making a hanging wet bag to hang from the changing table. We will have to see how long this crafty streak lasts.

I am such a geek that I am ridiculously excited about going grocery shopping tomorrow so I can make new foods for Emma. I am so much more excited about feeding that sweet face than is probably healthy. So be it. In case you haven't noticed, I have big plans for this weekend. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts