Energy siphon

I need to figure out a way to siphon some of Emma's energy. I don't need much. At this point, even a small fraction would be awesome. On any given day there is just so much more to be done than hours in the day. And energy level needed to get everything done? Pssshhh, I'm usually out of energy around 4pm. Yet, there is still so much to do for the day. From the time I leave work, around 5:30 if I'm lucky, I don't really get a chance to just sit and relax until around 9:30 or 10 when I flat out give up and go to bed. Between 5:30 and 10 I feel like I just start another, much more demanding job than my regular 8:30-5:30 job.
From the instant we walk in the front door of Emma's daycare to pick her up it is a nonstop frenzy of activity until I fall asleep. As soon as we get home, the dogs need to walked, Emma is usually at peak fussiness and really wants to eat and nap preferably simultaneously. Then there's all the prep work for tomorrow, washing diapers, cleaning bottles and just generally cleaning up the mess we made today. Most days, Emma decides around 6:30 or 7 that a nap sounds good and gives us 30 minutes to an hour to get stuff done. Then when she wakes up it's time for dinner. Hers of course, we eat dinner in quick little bites between chores if at all. After dinner it's bath time followed by story time with bed time rounding out the set list. By this time it's about 9 or 9:30 and I try most nights to squeeze in a few more small chores before giving in to sleep. A lot of times I give up when Emma goes to sleep and Stuart picks up the slack before catching up on a Daily Show and hitting the sack himself.
Which brings me to tonight, sitting here with a cool beverage while Emma naps and Stuart studies writing peacefully about how there's never a moments peace around here in the evenings. These moments don't happen often which is why I intend to capitalize on it! I'm going stop writing and go take a bubble bath and enjoy the peace for however much longer it lasts.

Now where is my rubber duckie and bubble bath?

Comments

Popular Posts