Gynecological Oncologist Visit

Today was my appointment with the gynecological oncologist in Eugene. The appointment went well and she is fantastic, even if she is a close talker. She was incredibly nice and explained everything in great detail, complete with diagrams and a flow chart. She said, from looking at the MRI, the mass is most likely a fibroid, it's just coming off the uterus in a different spot (looks like it's between the cervix and uterus). 
She walked us though all of our options along with the pros and cons of each option. As of now we are planning on surgery. Getting insurance to approve the surgery will take a couple of weeks, so in the meantime, I will have a CT-Guided biopsy of the mass done to rule out the possibility that the mass is a sarcoma. 
When surgery rolls around, I'll be in the hospital for 3-5 days depending on how soon I can get up and around. Recovery will be a bit longer than last time around. 
This surgery will require a vertical incision rather than horizontal so it's going to hurt a lot more than last time. 

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good and I'm just ready to get this damn thing out of me so we can move on. 

Further updates to follow ;)

Comments

Popular Posts